- Tooth whitening is a great way of giving your smile a boost, erasing stains caused by tea, coffee, red wine and smoking and making your teeth look whiter and brighter.
- Teeth Whitening in St Johns Wood
When can dental implants be used?
These are some of the many ways that dental implants can be used:
- To replace missing teeth in order to help with chewing and eating
- To stop teeth adjacent to missing teeth from 'falling' in to the gap
- To prevent teeth opposite to missing teeth from over erupting down in to the gap
- To prevent jaw bone from disappearing after a tooth is extracted
- To hold a full denture in place and stop is wobbling about
Dental implants have a wide range of uses that go far beyond replacing missing teeth. They are often the healthiest option as they prevent further problems from occurring. When a tooth is removed the bone surrounding it 'falls' in to the space this means that bone volume is lost and gum resorbtion occurs. If this happens the bone around the adjacent teeth might also start to resorb leading to the look of 'being long in the tooth' due to the gum not longer being supported by the underlying bone.
We always recommend seeking advice about dental implants as soon as you have a tooth extracted to prevent these problems. You see, if your bone resorbs after a tooth is extracted and you do nothing it makes future treatment with a dental implant very difficult as there is no bone to put the implant in to!
If you live in North london in the St Johns Wood or Hampstead areas then pop in to our dental practice on St Johns Wood High Street, we can then let you know of your options with dental implants.